Hybrid (frame) tanks (GR) are designed for rapid and long-term storage of liquid substances.
Hybrid tank is made in the form of an open vertical cylinder (glass) from the ends, assembled from curved corrugated (wave shape) galvanized steel sheets (0.7–1.2 mm), connected by bolts, which is mounted on an annular strip concrete foundation, or on an annular steel corner fixed with screw piles in the ground.
Sphers of application:
- storage of crude oil, light and dark petroleum products, fuels and lubricants;
- storage of technical liquids (acids, alkalis, liquid fertilizers, alcohols, ammonia, etc.);
- water storage for technological processes;
- using as fire-fighting tank; water storage;
- using as incubator pool for fish farming.
The steel cylinder of the hybrid tank is equipped with three types of inserts:
- Firstinner layer, laying immediately behind the steel laid non-woven "Dornit". It provides protection against mechanical damage of the following layers.
- Second layer - sealed liner – is a glass made of synthetic fabric with double — sided PVC or TPU coating. It is designed for tightness of the content of the product poured into it or additional protection against leakage when installing the third inner liner in case of damage.
- Third nner liner of the closed type can be installed in exceptional situations requiring full protection and tightness.
Advantages of hybrid tanks produced by NPF "Politechnica":
- Reliability. High strength characteristics comparable with analogues - vertical steel tanks (RVS) - are achieved by using curved corrugated galvanized steel sheets (0.7–1.2 mm) in the frame of hybrid tanks. Galvanized sheets are not subject to corrosion both from the outside and from the inside due to the lack of contact of the steel wall with the bulk product or produced water.
- Quick and easy assembly. External design of hybrid tanks of GR type, made from such sheets, can be quickly delivered on a remote field site and assembled by crew of 4-5 people in 2-3 days using bolt connections and without use of heavy equipment. It is not required to use specialized lifting equipment, as well as welding and fire works.
- No product loss during storage of petroleum products. Closed hermetic shell helps to avoid the losses caused by large and small tank breathing due to the absence of the vapor-air phase above the product. It is also impossible to get water condensate into the product.
- Versatility. Hybrid tanks can be used in all climatic zones, including the Arctic (at temperatures from -65°C up to +55°C). Installation is carried out at temperatures up to -45°C. Special screws are provided for the construction of the foundation on the permafrost soils.
- Long service life. Inner cup-shape inserts as can be replaced by new ones when necessary, which facilitates the use of the tank for different products and substances. The service life of the hybrid tank of GR type is up to 25 years.